Steve believes that every student is unique and should be given the tools and opportunities to unlock their learning potential.
Bachelor of Arts Degree (English) Loyola Marymount University USA.
Steve is an experienced English teacher with over fifteen years of experience in assessing student’s needs and desired outcomes and designing programmes to assist students in reaching their goals and potential. Prior to working at PosAbility, Steve worked as an English as an Additional Language teacher, focussing on developing literacy and language skills with children and adults to support their academic development and ability to reach their goals. He specialises in teaching skills in planning, structuring, and producing text from different written genres and in deconstructing and comprehending written and oral texts. Steve is also involved in ongoing training and mentoring at PosAbility and through professional development courses in reading, spelling and writing intervention for children of primary and high school age.
At PosAbility, Steven provides individualised and customised literacy intervention programs for students from Kindergarten to Year 12, including;
• Assessment of literacy skills
• Analysing a student’s profile to set SMART targets
• Drawing on a range of evidence-based literacy intervention programs drawing on the Science of Reading, Spelling, Comprehension and Writing
• Implementing programs using explicit teaching and direct instructions
• Evaluating a child’s progress and adjusting the program to ensure ongoing
• Collaborating and liaising with parents and teachers to maximise a child’s outcomes
Steve believes that every student is unique and should be given the tools and opportunities to unlock their learning potential. He believes that lessons should be student-focussed, and that positive reinforcement is an indispensable component of learning. Steve has an excellent ability to engage with and motivate his students to help them to achieve their goals. This comes from his naturally engaging personality and high level of interpersonal skills. Steve values his students and is passionate about having a positive effect on their learning.
3. Educational Consultants
4. Paediatric Occupational Therapists
Lane Cove West Business Park
Unit F28, 16 Mars Road
1 Lincoln St, Lane Cove
Download map and directions
Mon-Fri: 8am - 6.30pm
Sat: 9am - 3pm