Karl has more than seven years of experience as a teacher, having worked with learners of different ages and needs, including bilingual students, gifted & talented students, and students with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ADS) and Attention deficit disorder (ADHD).
Graduate degree from the University of Oxford in the UK, with additional training in special education from the United States (Fontbonne University).
Before joining PosAbility, Karl worked as a learning support teacher in a private school in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. His responsibilities have included teaching children with special educational needs, setting up systems for identifying, assessing and reviewing the needs of students who may have long or short-term learning difficulties, and implementing and evaluating Individual Educational Programmes (IEPs) and other appropriate interventions.
At PosAbility, Karl works as an educational consultant with children of all ages, and his areas of expertise include the following:
• Developing and delivering literacy and numeracy programs to children that are behind in their reading, spelling, writing or mathematics skills;
• conducting one to one standardized assessments to appropriate learning programmes at PosAbility;
• improving students’ study and organisational skills to improve academic progress;
• delivering academic intervention to students to improve comprehension and essay writing.
Karl uses pedagogical approaches that are engaging and student-centred, while always prioritising relevant goal setting, discipline, and independent work.
3. Educational Consultants
4. Paediatric Occupational Therapists
Lane Cove West Business Park
Unit F28, 16 Mars Road
1 Lincoln St, Lane Cove
Download map and directions
Mon-Fri: 8am - 6.30pm
Sat: 9am - 3pm