Health Policy Update 18th March, 2020
With the flu season fast approaching and the increased rate of transmission of Covid-19, PosAbility would appreciate your assistance with the following:
- If your child is unwell, particularly with any respiratory, cold or flu symptoms, please do not attend sessions or ask your consultant about the possibility of an online session. If your child has a fever or has had a fever in the last 48 hours, we ask that you do not attend.
- If you or anyone in your family is unwell with cold or flu symptoms, please ensure they are not remaining in the waiting room. Please use the outdoor seating if weather permits or remain outside of the clinic.
- Posability request that your child does not attend sessions or visit the clinic for a minimum of 14 days if;
- Your child or attending family member has had contact with any person diagnosed with Coronovirus within the last 14 days
- Your child or any member of the immediate family or household has returned from overseas in the last 14 days
- Any member of the child’s immediate family or household has been in contact with any family member, person or international guest that has travelled to, passed through or stopped-over in any High Risk Country in the last 14 days.
- If your child or anyone in the immediate family is diagnosed with or in close contact with some diagnosed with Covid-19, please notify the clinic ASAP.
- Please remind your child and family to practice good hygiene which includes;
- Washing your hands with soap and water
- Use a tissue to cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze
- Cover your mouth with your elbow when coughing
- Avoiding close contact with those who are unwell, such as touching
- Avoid touching your face and avoid touching your mouth and eyes
- Maintain appropriate social distancing within the clinic or waiting room by sitting and standing between 1 and 1.5 metres away from others
We understand in light of the current situation that many families may choose to self-isolate and stay at home to minimise risk to themselves, their family and others within the community. PosAbility will be launching new service delivery options over the coming week to provide alternatives for your child to ensure they are able to continue their intervention program at home or receive additional assistance to make the most of their time at home. In the meantime, if you are required to self-isolate due to illness or risk of Conorovirus or you or your child do not attend as part of a decision to self-isolate, the cancellation policy still applies. However, with sufficient notice, we are happy to offer the possibility of a session conducted online using Zoom conferencing technology at the same as your child’s planned session or another time when staff are available. Please contact us for more information.
Thank you for your assistance,
The PosAbility team